Of all the color trends to sweep across our collective sartorial consciousness this season, I think “oxblood,” colloquially known as burgundy, is my favorite. It’s a perennial fall favorite, but it’s popularity has skyrocketed since we saw the literal, dripping, oxblood nails at Prabal Gurung’s Spring ’13 show.
Even if gory nails aren’t your thing, there are so many cool, cozy ways to work this color into your wardrobe. And the good news is, it’s such a rich, classic, color that you’re guaranteed to get more than a season of wear from your investments. Whether you want to go head-to-toe like Krystal or Blair, or just dip your nails in (ha!) – there’s a perfect piece for everyone.
Try the “oxblood” trend with these key pieces:
- Rag & Bone / JEAN skinny jeans in wine
- J Brand ‘Zoey’ triple zip jean
- Aquaverde zip jeans in Sureau
- Temperly London Honeycomb sweater
- Bop Basics modern classic fedora
- Alice & Olivia suede pumps
What do you think of the oxblood/burgundy color trend?