Finding a good pair of designer denim on sale, or bought online with a coupon can be one of the best feelings for a shopper. Be it 10%, 20% or all the way up to 80% off — it’s a standard that the bigger the deal the stronger the thrill. But honestly any deal on designer denim gets us going. Current/Elliott, MOTHER, Paige Denim, Joe’s Jeans, 7 For All Mankind — they’re all attainable on sale, you just need to know where to look and how to buy. But keep in mind that there are sometimes strings attached (more than just literally) when shopping for denim on sale. But follow these tips when buying denim on sale online, and your experience may be a bit easier, and you’ll hopefully save some $$. That’s the point, right?!
5 Tips For Buying Denim On Sale
1. Know your size by designer: This one goes for buying denim online in general. All brands differ in fit, so if you’re a 29 in James Jeans, you may be a 30 in another brand. If you’re shopping for a specific designer on sale, make sure you have tried them on before, or own a pair by the same designer so you can be quick on the click when adding to cart. This helps most when sales are final sale (which they often are). What good is a pair of 80% off jeans you can’t even fit into?
2. Do your research: So many online stores carry denim that it’s not uncommon to find your favorite brand on 50 sites! Browse around, even past page 2 of google and you may find your favorite styles on sale, or a coupon code.
3. Make a Wish list: OK, maybe this is sort of crazy and a bit obsessive but I always keep a list on Notepad and a board on Pinterest with specific denim styles I’m wanting. And it’s specific. Not only do I have for example “White Skinny Jeans” but I have MOTHER LOOKER in white. That way when your browsing the sale section, you’ll know exactly what to look for.
4. Familiar Yourself with the Big Sales: Most stores, like Shopbop for example, have Friends & Family sales or host seasonal coupons so familiarlize yourself with these dates. This does require patience, but if you know there will be a 25% off coupon coming at the end of the month, it’s a good idea to wait it out to save a few bucks. 25% off of a $200 pair of denim is $50!!!
5. Shop Online Sample Sale Sites: Flash Sale/Online Sample Sale Sites often secure the best deals for designer denim on sale. Make sure to join your favorites and view their weekly calendar so you can be first in ‘line’ when sales launch. Some of the best sites for denim sales include: MyHabit, Rue La La and Hautelook.
Are we missing anything? Please share your tips!
WANT LES ESSENTIELS O'Hare Shopper Tote
Painted Stripe Tote by Paul Smith
Get the Look
Get the Look
Void Small Tote by Eytys