Flare Denim isn’t the easiest type of denim to style but when done right can be one the most flattering. And you don’t have to be Karli Kloss to rock them well. Actually the opposite, we believe flare jeans look best on a more realistic shape. Stay away from flip flops, embellishment and follow these tips to optimize your flare denim. Because everyone should own at least one pair of flare jeans, regardless of how many times the style comes & goes. It always comes back, which we saw a peek of for Fall 2013/14.
How to Look Good in Flare Denim
- Alter your jeans using the height of heel you plan on pairing with. Cut hem off right above floor, avoid dragging.
- Speaking of footwear, Wedges and Platforms balance out the bottom intensity of Flare Jeans. Do not wear flip flops.
- Be mindful of the rise. Either mid rise or high rise is always most flattering. Low rise work on a select few but not the masses.
- Make sure to choose a fitted style. Baggy flares are never a good idea.
- Flare denim make a statement on their own, embellishment is unnecessarily and can make you look like a bad 70s flashback.
- Depending on the rise, pick the right top. And when in doubt, tuck it in. We prefer soft, flowing tops.