It wasn’t so long ago that I felt like denim jackets were an outerwear piece best left to the 1990s Full House era. It wasn’t until we saw the chic reincarnation of denim-on-denim that I began to see the light. Not only do they work especially well with all the printed and colorful denim that’s so big right now, but they also layer nicely all year round. A denim jacket is perfect for slipping over your shoulders with a dress in summer months, or layering over a flannel and under a faux-fur vest in winter. Or, take a note from Jenna Lyons (above) and dress it to the nines with slick trousers and pumps.
Do you have your ideal denim jacket yet? I don’t, so I’m currently exploring my options. No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a jacket that will fit your body and your personal style!
- Under $100: Blank Denim’s whiskered and faded denim jacket (there’s also a dark wash)
- Classic & Cool: Madewell’s classic jean jacket
- Funky & Distressed: Marc by Marc Jacobs ‘Lily’ jacket
- Feminine & Fancy: Pierre Balmain’s tie-dye and flare-hemmed jacket
- White: J Brand deconstructed denim jacket
- Designer Splurge: 3.1 Phillip Lim chain patchwork denim jacket
How do you wear your denim jacket?
[Image credit: Tommy Ton via Who What Wear]