As we hit mid-summer mini skirts hit the streets. I have been opting for longer skirt lengths lately, but had a couple of instances when I really craved a solid mini skirt, especially in denim. Recently purchased a Blank Denim bandage mini to add to the wardrobe staples.
Here, I’ve paired the denim skirt with an asymmetric kimono tunic from Topshop. The top is kind of a statement piece, so it needed something really simple to wear with it. When it comes to wearing a tight mini skirt, pairing it up with something flowy, loose fitting or has more coverage on the top will add balance to the outfit.
Here are some tips we talked about in the office today:
- Wear underwear: we’re kidding, except we’re not kidding
- Wear the right silhouette for your figure: pear shape suggested wear longer minis
- Wear the right the shoes: suggested petites wear heels, amazons flats
- Do the ‘sit down test’: does the skirt give appropriate coverage?
- Wear a more conservative top.
How do you wear your mini skirts? Do tell!
heart Chinti and Parker
Buy Now at Shopbop
Beyond Yoga High Rise Bike Shorts