That’s right friends, I’ve been at the helm of Eat, Sleep, Denim for a year now! I can’t quite believe it, and I must say it’s a pretty amazing feeling! From the denim reviews to the trend hunting, visiting showrooms and road-testing new brands, it’s been one of the most sartorially educational years of my life. I am so grateful to have your ear (or more accurately, your eyes) as I explore the world of jeans. And chambray. And denim in general. I started to think last night about all the things I’ve learned since becoming the editor of ESD, and here are just a few:
- Consistency in sizing does not exist. Every brand (and even different cuts within brands) are going to fit a little differently.
- I’ll never look as good as I want to in wide leg jeans.
- Printed denim is easier to wear than I ever thought.
- Flare jeans make my legs look longer than skinny jeans.
- I’ll probably wear skinny jeans forever, even if they go out of style.
- I should wear heels more often.
- Coated or waxed black denim is a perfect alternative to pricey leather pants.
- The people who work in denim are some of the friendliest people in the fashion industry.
- This was my favorite denim review – ever. (And I didn’t keep the jeans – can you believe it!?)
- I need a new pair of sunglasses.
- Lycra is the best thing that ever happened to denim.
- There’s an art to cuffing and rolling your jeans.
- Denim pencil skirts are something I really only love in theory.
- I prefer jeans without enhancing pads in the back pockets.
- White jeans are magic, and everyone should own a pair.
- Every woman should own a denim or chambray shirt. They are more versatile than I ever thought possible.
- Everything will have a comeback, even denim short overalls.
Thanks for such a wonderful year – here’s to all that’s to come!
Justine Clenquet Kim Palladium Earrings
Reese Earrings at Shopbop
Sarah Slim Jeans style