By Ann of Holier than Now
Industry bible Women’s Wear Daily published their special report “What’s Next in Denim” last week, rounding up key trends for Spring 2012. But denim is quite seasonless – as we know and love – so there’s no reason not to snatch up these key pieces now … they’ll be perfectly worn-in by Spring!
According to WWD, this is where to invest now:
Prints Please: From animal to geometric, print embellishment is a fun, fresh way to dress up denim.
2. J Brand 901 Golden Snake Print Jeans ($242)
Short Update: WWD reports cropped denim isn’t going anywhere, but we think silhouette and embellishment updates are key to keeping the look fresh. Take inspiration from Taylor and wear your crops with tights starting now!
3. Cut25 High Waisted Denim Shorts ($58.50 – were $195)
4. Siwy Alexa Cut Off Shorts ($137.20 – were $196)
Fresh Cuts: Denim makers love to innovate around cut. WWD calls out new wide leg cuts as key, but shapes like the micro flare are also must-trys.
5. Joe’s Jean Micro Flare Skinny Pants ($169)
6. Free People Extreme Vintage Flare ($148)
Revised Rainbow: From new indigos to Spring’s key pastels, the future is bright (and/or muted!) for colored denim.
6. Pray for Mother Nature Devil’s Post Pile Flare Jeans ($52.80 – were $176)
What denim trends will you be investing in for this season … or beyond?
JUST ARRIVED< >
Shop LAFCO New York Master Bedroom Candle
LAFCO New York Office Candle
Sunroom Candle by LAFCO New York