Happy New Year! Like Jennine mentioned already, I can’t believe it’s 2014 — 2014! I’m excited to see what denim trends continue and emerge this year, but I’m also excited to make some denim resolutions for the first time. We focus so much on denim, I’ve had some time to reflect on blue jeans, and how they affect my life. There are some major areas for improvement, experimentation, etc. So dramatic for just jeans? Ha, yes but that’s what we do. We mean business. Here are five resolutions — I aimed for more, but baby steps seem like a smart move.
(image via Sincerely Jules)
1. Try three new denim brands. As a creature of habit, even though we’re emailed daily with look books on new brands, I tend to stick to the same few: MOTHER, J Brand, Rag/Bone JEAN, but 2014 is the year I break out of my comfort zone and try some new brands. On my list: R13, Frame, 6397.
2. Wear more color: I wear blue and black jeans, sometimes a print here and there but although I post about them, I rarely wear colored jeans. And that’s about to change. First up: Red. Wait, maybe orange, decisions decisions.
3. Wear my denim vest: Again, something we post about often but honestly I’m a bit reluctant to try. I even own one it just sits in the closet. Back to the whole creature of habit thing, I tend to just wear the same denim jacket — with sleeves. In 2014 I promise to wear mine w/out.
4. Edit down my denim collection: Denim hoarder? Maybe .. just a little. It’s so hard to let go of your favorite styles, even if they’ve had their day and then some. I vows to donate at least three (hopefully more but we’ll see how it goes with the three) pairs of jeans this year.
5. Buy (and wear) a denim jumpsuit: This one may just be the hardest resolution for me, but I’ve been staring at too many chic jumpsuit images for too long it’s time I own one and actually wear it.
That’s it! What are your New Years Resolutions? Anything that involves Denim?