Caring for denim is one of those things everyone has an opinion about. That’s a good thing, it means that people are passionate about caring for their jeans! While caring for your jeans can seem a bit daunting when you hear stories about people who wash their jeans every six months, or dry clean them or freeze the bacteria out of them, I think it’s best to keep it simple. Personally, I haven’t reached that level of denim obsession yet. All it takes is following a few simple tips to help protect the wash and maintain the shape of your jeans. Proper care will give denim a longer life, enabling you to get more out of your investment.
- Read the care instructions on the inside tag of the jeans
- Turn them inside out before washing
- Wash in cold water on ‘delicates’ cycle or hand wash
- Dry clean (yeah, some people do this, especially for dark jeans)
- Dry flat or hang dry upside down
- Wash with Woolite or another gentle detergent
- If you have to dry them in the dryer, do it on the lowest heat setting
- Wash in hot water
- Dry them in the dryer
- Wash them after every wear
How do you care for your jeans?
Image by Samantha Jade Royds
Buy Contrast Trim Polo Shirt from Fred Perry
buy Calvin Klein Underwear online
Shop BaubleBar Imitation Pearl Hair Clip Set